Pulling Data from Previous Select One From List in Survey 123 Connect?

03-26-2024 06:34 AM
CamTurney
New Contributor II

I have a repeating group, and within the repeating group, is a set of questions that can repeat as well. In the base group, I have a select one from file for species name. Then, I have an optional set of questions about that species that repeat for individuals that need to be tied to that species in the attributes when exported. I created a hidden and started a pulldata formula in calculations column to try and pull the answer to the original species select one from file question. However I cannot get it to grab the data.

This is my form:

CamTurney_2-1711458756714.png

This is my list:

CamTurney_1-1711458715666.png

I have tried tweaking things but have had no success with the species coming up. Any help is appreciated!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out the S123 docs about pulling values from indexed repeats. You should be able to reference other repeats in the form.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformrepeats.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_F3E28755...

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
CamTurney
New Contributor II

Unfortunately this did not work either. I used the position(..) and index-repeat and I got 0's returned for each species repeat index, and nothing returned for my index recall (indiv_name).

CamTurney_0-1711476437729.png

0 Kudos