The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

Help! Scabies?!?!

Help, scabies?! Ive self diagonesed at this point as doc thinks its exzema, ugh :( he literally cant sleep its that bad, we are a bit itchy but nothing like that  

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
20+ Similar Discussions Found
8 Comments
Oldest First
A
Alexandriakrr

Does it itch the most at night? I had scabies a few years ago after sleeping on an old mat when camping. Looked VERY similar to that. And itched the worst at night, which is a telltale sign. I got prescribed a cream that took it away. I would request an in person appointment with another doctor if previous doctor not taking concerns seriously! Especially if you have something similar?

E
Ellie49
@Alexandriakrr,

Yep itching of a night. I did the cream last night because I told her I need to try something else. 

Im worried I havent washed everything in the right steps its stressing me out. 😓

How long after treatment did you stop itching?

E
Ellie49
@Alexandriakrr,

??

R
Rinny41887

Looks like possible scabies to me. What makes me think this is the “track” mark looking lines that are all over his body. Gross, I know but it’s very treatable. They have permethrin cream your doctor can prescribe and it kills it. If this is what it is. I’d definitely get a second opinion.

E
Ellie49
@Rinny41887,

Thats it. See I dont know if the track marks are just scratches as hes been itchy for months. Ugh hah

R
Rinny41887
@Ellie49,

yeah I see your point. It’s very hard to tell. I’d consider second opinion, if you haven’t already got one. Not sure where you’re located, I have Blueberry pediatrics it’s a telemedicine service that’s like $18 monthly and I’ve shown them a lot my daughters rashes and they’ve always been right, along with treatment for it. I also have a regular pediatrician but I use this for second opinions and if it’s something not with a instant trip to the doctor for.

k
kzegs88

I know this is old, but did  you ever figure out what this was? My toddler has something similar looking though more isolated to her belly/groin area.

C
CatMaam

doesn't look like eczema at all..maybe allergic reaction? but yes kind of looks like scabies I agree