The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

Baby acne & crusting - pic included

So I posted yesterday about my sons acne that seems to be worsening. I decided to post a picture and seek advice because now he has yellow crust around his eyebrows as well as a little bit on his left ear. What is this? Does it have anything to do with the acne?

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
20+ Similar Discussions Found
7 Comments
Oldest First
powderfoot

The second photo looks like an allergic reaction. Are you sure it’s just baby acne? Do you use fabric softeners or scented soaps? Any pets rub up against his face or the materials that his face touches (pillows or blankets)? Can you take him to see a doctor this weekend?

d
danaburg12

To me the crustys look like cradle cap. My daughter has it a little on her head and ears. I used Mustella lotion which seems to be helping. I also gently “exfoliate” it with a wash cloth. For the acne I’ve always been told to just wash it with water and not put anything on it. If it’s getting worse though maybe not a bad idea to ask a doctor.

H
Hchateau

The crust is cradle cap. My babe had it in his eyebrows and I used some coconut oil and breast milk and it was gone in a week

.PeytonS.

Yeah on the eyebrows looks like cradle cap. You can massage a tiny bit of baby oil (or coconut oil like PPs) before bath and rinse and comb over it.

The red looks like either allergic reaction or heat rash? Not sure

m
mochipom

My baby has the dry read patches too and pediatrician suspect it might be seborrhea. I’m using hydrocortisone ointment sparingly.

t
tK56

My baby has the exact same thing. She has acne and it’s starting crusting around here eyebrows. I put aquafor on her brows tonight

sweetgrass_and_honey

Coconut oil and breast milk. My baby’s skin looked juuuust like this last week and bows she’s fine. It’s normal for babies this age to have problem skin, it’ll last a few weeks or less, and get back to normal before you know it. As hard as it is, try not put anything else on the area if you can avoid it as it can irritate the skin further. Wash their face with just water or the tiniest bit of soap, and let air dry. Keep as clean as possible. Don’t pop the pimples or it’ll leave scars. Just leave it alone and it’ll clear up