The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

CURE FOR NECK YEAST INFECTION?

Im literally desperate!

My poor baby has a yeast infection in her neck

I’ve tried aquaphor, nystatin, powder, zinc oxide, corn starch, keeping her neck dry, you name it

Nothing seems to get rid of it

She’s EBF - born via c section, has anyone had any luck with healing their babies yeast infection?

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
4 Similar Discussions Found
11 Comments
Oldest First
H
HGaddy1211

Look into the benefits of colloidal silver. It’s not mainstream, but it works on literally everything I feel like.

a
amis101
@HGaddy1211,

I’ve heard of it but never knew it could help!

H
HGaddy1211
@amis101,

it’s antimicrobial and antibacterial. I’ve used it on yeast infections on the skin, pink eye, and conjunctivitis with great success. I bought mine on Amazon :)

S
SMas

How long did you try Nystatin for because I had to use it on my little one for a couple weeks before it finally went away?

It’s also possible you need a stronger cream so I would call your pediatrician.

a
amis101
@SMas,

months ��

u
u539091

You could try lotramin my ped told us to use it when she had a yeasty diaper rash. You just want to make sure the one you buy has clotrimazole as the active ingredient.

b
babyj1129

We are on Nystatin now but the ped said if we don’t see improvement at the 7 day mark to try OTC hydrocortisone cream. We are only on day 2 so TBD.

a
amis101
@babyj1129,

any luck with it??

b
bbguillory

My baby’s neck gets really cheesy and I had to start bathing her everyday, I have a small mini fan that I dry her neck with or I pay dry with honest dry wipes. Then apply aquaphor.

I tried everything and this is the only routine that seems to work

o
ohhhhelllohiii

My baby had a small one, pediatrician told us to get athletes foot cream, specifically Lotrimin AF and it was gone in a few days. 

H
Hawaiianmama33

Hey my son is going through something similar, did anything help for your daughters rash?