The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

White inside baby’s mouth ?

Does anyone know why her mouth has some white on top I tried wiping off but doesn’t come off she doesn’t seem to have oral thrush since there’s nothing else besides the roof of her mouth

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
20+ Similar Discussions Found
6 Comments
Oldest First
B
BB2023mommy

is it like her gums are lighter or is it a white coating? it's hard to tell from the photo. my son has had oral thrush twice and it looked like spots in his mouth and on his lips. some babies get white coating their tongue.

I would have the pediatrician take a look if you're worried

J
Juswhy

Ask the Dr

apostilicmomma

I’m not sure what it is either but my son has it too. It’s the back of his guns and the roof of his mouth. Doesn’t seem to be thrush but I’ll ask the ped. When we go next

m
midwestmom0213

Looks like a tongue tie. It restricts her tongue so it doesn’t reach/rest on the roof of her mouth.

n
navasha8

Hard to tell from the photo. Our LO has thrush and it’s just one small white patch on his cheek. Agree to just ask the pediatrician since early treatment can prevent it from getting worse if it IS thrush.

J
Jsmith9322

did you find out what it was?